Re: [LUG] Editor wars.

Hello,

On this date - Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 05:44:33PM +0000, Michael Everitt wrote:
> On 11/03/20 17:41, Tom via list wrote:
> > OpenSource mag has done a couple of articles on Vim and Emacs lately and
> > I had a brief google for some examples of basic usage for programming and
> > couldn't see the wood for the trees.
> >
> > I was wondering if any of you knew of a few tutorials where you can do a
> > simple C (or C++) hello world project in either or both of these and then
> > maybe the same for building a small library  and debugging it and then
> > maybe some examples of even bigger projects (including document
> > generation, version control, unit testing etc in both?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Tom te tom te tom
> >

> Go and Rust. Visual Studio Code and Jetbeans....
>
> I'll defer to Dom/shymega for further sarcastic suggestions ... ;)

haha, what about Javascript, or C#?

in all seriousnesss, i tend to just 'write code' in emacs/vim (yes, i use both,
emacs has been bugging me lately with the slowness and synchronous processing!),
and then use the terminal for VCS, debugging, compiling and the lark..

--
Kind regards,
Dom Rodriguez (shymega)