[LUG] Editor wars.

OpenSource mag has done a couple of articles on Vim and Emacs lately and I had a brief google for some examples of basic usage for programming and couldn't see the wood for the trees.

I was wondering if any of you knew of a few tutorials where you can do a simple C (or C++) hello world project in either or both of these and then maybe the same for building a small library  and debugging it and then maybe some examples of even bigger projects (including document generation, version control, unit testing etc in both?

TIA

Tom te tom te tom