Re: [LUG] [External] Wife's computer

On 07/02/2020 12:58, Tremayne, Steve via list wrote:
First of all, I would question - do you actually need 2 user accounts?

 From a conceptual security point of view, absolutely... even for desktop
wallpaper... but I find that my laptop just gets used by everyone logging in as
me....

In my house, everyone tends to be using a web browser, and to logout (or switch
users) is more hassle than it's worth

Well I thought so. Her files, documents, photos etc are quite different and separate from mine. It seems obvious to me to keep her stuff separate. I don't want her files and mine to be mixed up together. Plus, this is a temporary arrangement. Once I have sorted out the business of her own, failing, laptop she will not be using my laptop again. I might for example get her a brand new one, or replace her HD.

 However...

If you are intending to actually use it "properly", then absolutely, that's a great
thing to do.

What Distro are you using (sorry, I dive in and out of forums and forget these
details)? I've setup multiple users in Mint using the GUIs and it's very straight
forward

I am using MX Linux 19 which is based on Debian 10.

Thanks,

Neil