Re: [LUG] FTP Gui

On 25/11/2019 12:04, Neil wrote:
> On 25/11/2019 08:39, Tom via list wrote:
>> I used to use FireFTP addon for  Firefox and in a recent ftp panic
>> discovered it no longer works. I was wondering if anyone knows
>> anything similar for FF or just Linux in general. I need a GUI as my
>> hosts directory system is near incomprehensible via the command line!
>>
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>

> I still use FireFTP, but my main browser is Palemoon. FireFTP is set up
> there and it works well. I used to use FireFTP on Firefox. Did not know
> it was no longer working. Although I leave FF installed I no longer use it.
>
> I have just checked. I also have Waterfox installed and FireFTP is set
> up there too, and works just fine. Perhaps try Waterfox instead of FF???

Considering that it's 2019 I'm just going to presume that you are all
mistyping "FTP" when you mean "SFTP" right? Which means because all of
you are using Linux your operating systems already have built in native
client access for multiple bundled utilities including the file browsers
and this was a trick question. Right?

Now can someone recommend me a telnet or gopher GUI client so I can
access some remote servers?