[LUG] Daughter's laptop part 2

Thanks for all the help about getting my daughter's laptop replaced. I am in the process of getting a machine built, which should be here soon.

Meanwhile, one of the problems I had was retrieving her old files. I have managed that, so fine. But, of course, the problem was a lack of backups. I am wondering what would be for the best here. I need a program which will run automatically. But would storing in the cloud be best, or on to an external HD? )The files she was most worried about were her photos and videos.)

There must be a lot of experience on the list, so if anyone has any recommendations I will be very grateful.

Thanks,

Neil