Re: [LUG] Daughter's computer

On 06/11/2019 23:43, Michael Everitt wrote:

I would probably simply unscrew the hard disk and plug into another system
via a SATA-USB bridge/enclosure and copy important files somewhere safe as
a starting point. You can likely do a disk fsck too whilst its out of the
machine...

I used my USB stick which has MX Linux on it and I ran a check on her hard disk. No problems reported.

As said in another of my replies, I will take the computer to our local computer shop. Let's see what he finds.

And  I have rescued all her persomal files.

Regards,

Neil