[LUG] USB Sticks

Is this deja-vu or didn't you have this problem you posted a while ago?

Stock questions:
- USB2 or USB3 stick?
- USB2 or 3 slot?
* keep a terminal open, and 'dmesg -w' to get a persistent output
-- plug stick in, and see if output changes (1)
-- if notification pops up - yay, if not .. if the kernel/udev has
acknowledged a change (1 above) its a secondary problem
--(3) if you get a screenful of read/write errors you have a hardware
problem ;) !

MJE