[LUG] Gimp, Gutenprint, snap, dependencies and an Epson R2400

I have a lash-up for printing photographs via Gimp and the Gutenprint
system on an old Mac.

I'd rather do it off Ubuntu, the current LTS, 18.04 Bionic.

I can install the later better Gimp 2.10.12 using Snap, but not with
the PPA - version conflicts probably dating back to me using Gimp 2.9

I can't install gutenprint-gimp because Gimp is a dependency and it
doesn't see the snapped installation.

And the gimp-gutenprint plugin is not in the snaplist.

Adrian Midgley   http://defoam.net/  http://photo.defoam.net/