Re: [LUG] Header issues (was Re: Diasporia)

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 20:43:19 +0100
Michael Everitt <m.j.everitt@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Michael,

>Thanks for fixing my post subject, Brad !

You're welcome.  Easy forgotten when you're feeling exasperated.

>Specifically, we seem to be having a lot of mails being identified as
>"From" the "list@dc[g]lug.org.uk" email address .. which means it's
>being indexed with no apparent author. If this is resulting from poor

One possibility that immediately comes to mind is DMARC mitigation.
DMARC is known to cause problems for mailing lists(1).  Specifically
with DMARC policy p=reject.  For people using affected email providers,
and those that have to deal with them, many mailing lists are now set
to set Sender = List.  Note that sender = list is only required for
certain email domains, not all.  Hence the apparent scattergun approach
of only some users being Joe Public via DCLUG.

I have, quite probably, explained that poorly, so an online search might
prove beneficial.

(1) The people that came up with DMARC were aware, and proceeded anyway.
 Essentially, IMO, it's "broken by design".

--
 Regards  _
Gary don't need his eyes to see, Gary and his eyes have parted company