Re: [LUG] Header issues (was Re: Diasporia)

On 12/07/19 20:08, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 19:54:37 +0100
Michael Everitt <m.j.everitt@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Michael,

Can I please ask the list admin, what On Earth is going on with mail
header mangling?
You'll probably have to be a bit more explicit. For example;
Which header(s)?
Are they being mangled and you don't want them to be?
or
Are they not being mangled and you *do* want them to be?

Thanks for fixing my post subject, Brad !

Specifically, we seem to be having a lot of mails being identified as "From" the "list@dc[g]lug.org.uk" email address .. which means it's being indexed with no apparent author. If this is resulting from poor anti-spam classification or re-sending from a greylist, it should be easy to whitelist known-acceptable senders if content is being wrongly classified by other tools (I assume we're using some form of sanity-checking on this system?).

This is the latest in a (long-running) set of peculiarities with this mailing list, which I have never seen in the 6+ lists I already subscribe to, thereby believing its a setup issue rather than a human one... !