[LUG] self hosted bitwarden

On 10/07/19 19:08, mr meowski wrote:
> I'm just investigating bringing up a version of this on my k8s cluster
> but before I sink any major effort into it thought I'd ask if anyone
> else done the self hosted version?
>
> Even the "community supported" version seems to have the typical crappy
> requirements to register an account with them and no doubt have at least
> some analytic and reflector traffic bounce through them - which I
> categorically don't want. In fact even the explicit self-hosting manual
> config instructions tell me "Each Bitwarden installation requires a
> unique installation id and installation key" which seems to be a hard
> requirement for a bunch of antifeatures that suck arse.
>
> Thoughts? OwnCloud vs NextCloud is probably next on my list of stuff to
> investigate/implement.
>
> Ta
I've got the dockerized version of bitwarden set up, but its not working
right now because I haven't welded the networking bits together yet... It's
something I need to fix, I'd like to migrate away from LastPass, which
works a little too nicely for me....

Nextcloud I simply subscribed to Hetzner's instances, for the few Euro's a
month it costs, makes doing the hard work pointless .. My calendar is
nearly migrated from Google, but I need to fix my Contacts database, so
that it sync's to phone *and* Thunderbird. I will figure out how to move my
'stuff' from Dropbox into Nextcloud Soon™.

SyncThing is something I'd like to play with more .. I was going to set it
up to pull radio shows I'd downloaded from get_iplayer or even ripped
streams, so that I could listen to them in the car from my phone ..
Unfortunately my car setup doesn't have A2DP bluetooth profile yet, so it's
good old 3.5mm jack cable for now!

Let me know how you get on .. and if you get stuck, I'll do a bit of
digging my end.
Cheers,

Michael.