Re: [LUG] Diasporia

> On 10 July 2019 at 09:07 "maceion@xxxxxxxxx" <maceion@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> On 09/07/2019 20:50, Jon Davey via list wrote:
> > Hi everyone, just a quick gathering of the consensus concerning alt-social media
> > site 'Diasporia'. Is there one (a consensus) ? What do you make of it ?
> > Cheers, Jon
> >

>  I have been on it for many years , but have found few use it (one person in DC
> Lug and one in NWLug).
>   I suppose because I do not use it , as my reading matter, I get greater fun from
> reading The Register.
>  It appears to be a sub-set of a sub-set of computer literate folk.
>  I have more correspondence on ProtonMail with folk in PRC, and other places.
>
> --
> Regards
> Eion MacDonald
Hmmm, yes. You couldn't say the demographic represented the wider population by any
means. There seems to have been this appetite for something different to Facebook
for such a long time yet without any real conviction on behalf of those people. I'm
thinking this is just because so many are so deeply invested in Facebook now. Which
has both it's pros and cons.
Jon Davey.