Re: [LUG] New computer not seeing the keyboard

On 28/06/19 15:15, mr meowski wrote:
On 28/06/2019 09:09, Rillian Grant wrote:
Maby try lspci

I think you mean lsusb?

Do 'dmesg | tail -n 20' before and after plugging it in and out on the
PC to make sure it's being recognised. What exactly is this £120
keyboard anyway Neil - it better be one amazing piece of kit. It's some
fancy Cherry MX mechanical thing isn't it?

Don't be like that. It is a Filco keyboard, but I cannot remember which one. I bought it three years ago from the keyboard company near Stroud in Gloucestershire. I will never spend that much on a keyboard again, although I have been very pleased with it. It just seems silly to attach such an expensive item to my laptop, instead of my new desktop.

Since you mention lsusb here is the output.

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0451:8142 Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB8041 4-Port Hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0451:8142 Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB8041 4-Port Hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a2c:0002 China Resource Semico Co., Ltd
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 8087:0aa7 Intel Corp.

It serves me right. Here I am using my cheap (£9) keyboard, which works with both desktop and laptop, while the expensive one (£120) is seen by the laptop only. At least as far as I know, I have left well alone for the moment. It could be working again. I suspect that some update has caused a problem somewhere. Another update could sort it. I suppose that keyboards also have drivers, but I know nothing about that.

Meanwhile at least both computers can be used.

Neil