Re: [LUG] New computer not seeing the keyboard

Maby try lspci

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 at 08:46, Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Recently I bought a new desktop computer, just the tower, not the
monitor or keyboard which are quite new. It came with a version of
ubuntu installed, which I replaced with the latest version of MX Linux.

That all went very well until this week when suddenly the machine
stopped seeing my keyboard. The mouse was fine, but the keyboard was
ignored. As the keyboard is plugged into a USB port I tested it by
plugging it in to some of the other ports. No good, still ignored.

I also have a laptop. I don't like the keyboard on a laptop so I have a
cheap keyboard plugged in to USB. So I tried that keyboard on my desktop
computer. Fine, that worked perfectly, in fact it is what I am using
now. So I tried the first keyboard on the laptop. It worked just fine.

So I have ended up with a cheap (£9) keyboard which works on both
computers, no problem. I also have an expensive (£120) keyboard which
originally worked on the desktop but now works on the laptop only.

My only thought is that one of the updates which I have run on the
desktop since installation have made some sort of change to a driver
which has caused this problem. If anyone on the list can offer some
ideas about this I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Neil

Rillian Grant