Re: [LUG] Multiple desktops successfully?

On 09/05/2019 08:42, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 9 May 2019 08:11:45 +0100
Tom via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Tom,

I use XFCE (specifically Xubuntu) and I use multiple desktops which are
OK until one turns the beast off. The desktops seem to store things
like File Manager windows in the desktop they were at switch off but if
you
I don't use XFCE, I use Plasma / KDE.  In the settings for Plasma is an
option "restore previous session / start with empty session".  Maybe
XFCE has something similar and that, in part at least, may be where the
problem is.

I think the problem is that the browsers have a per-user .browser rather than a .desktop(n) so when the system closed the desktops the last open version of the browser is the one that is stored and then re-opened. I've already got the 'restore previous session' set but I think certain software is not aware of multiple desktops!

Tom te tom te tom.