Re: [LUG] DICOM

On 04/05/2019 15:32, Tom via list wrote:
Anyone got any experience in DICOM - got a disk of my daughters MRI scan and unable to get anything to read it - I believe it may be password protected but everything I've tried on linux just doesnt even ask for a PW.

Tom te tom te tom

Not sure if it was specifically DICOM but yes, I've sorted out similar from the NHS for a customer. The Disk is encrypted. There's instructions and a password on an accompanying letter. Basically use the password to unzip a data directory and a viewer. The viewer comes with Win, Mac & Linux apps - it's java based, I think.

I pulled it all off via Ubuntu (where it did ask for a password), put it on a memory stick and loaded it on the customer's Mint.

Bit fiddly but worked OK.