Re: [LUG] More Java pains

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 11:40:31AM +0100, Tom via list wrote:
> It seems from Java V11 Oracle will be preventing access to the JVM. Red Hat
> have a seminar on how to convert to OpenJDK which may be of interest to some
> oe us:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/en/events/webinar/transition-proprietary-jdk-open-2019
>
> Tom te tom te tom
>

> --

Alas, not unusual of Oracle.. :(

Shame though, considering the wide use of Java - I use it for my
intergrated Library Management System I'm developing in Clojure - for
example.

I do certainly hope that GraalVM[0], also developed by Oracle, doesn't
suffer the same fate. Its an interesting project.

Additionally, there are alternative JVMs *other than* OpenJDK, such as
Eclipse OpenJ9[1], donated by IBM to the Eclipse project.

[0]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GraalVM
[1]: https://www.eclipse.org/openj9/

--
Sincerely,