Re: [LUG] USB stick does not display

On 01/04/2019 12:16, Eion MacDonald wrote:

For data storage small USB keys, I tend to alter file system on USB keys
from ExFAT or FAT as they come to NTFS, as this retains the ability to
use in both Linux and MS Dos/Windows systems and store larger files.

As a further follow up ....

If I look at the stick in gparted, I can choose Device from the menu, and then Create partition table. It warns me that I will lose all the date, and defaults to msdos. There are other choices, but NTFS is not one of them. Most of the other choices I do not recognise.

Neil