Re: [LUG] USB stick does not display

On Sunday, 31 March 2019 09:43:35 BST Neil wrote:
> On 30/03/2019 15:17, Eion MacDonald wrote:
> > ow can I be having problems with my partition tables in all
> >
> >> three of them at the same time?
> >
> > The partition table is resident on the USB discs, so if affected it (the
> > affected USB partition table(s) would show up as affected in any
> > computer into which it is attached for opening.
>
> Thanks for that. I had not realised that. Live and learn!!

My guess is you've installed the file system (ext4) onto the raw device, so
there is no MS-DOS style partition table on the devices.

This is fine for Linux, although it suggests the mounting options have changed
if they use to automount, and stopped.

Usually you'd have to set up a rule to mount such devices, but there are a
plethora of ways. In the old days you'd just add a line to /etc/fstab or to
the automounter config, but now systemd gets involved I have no clue where to
start. Google he suggests Mints disk utility can configure this for you.