Re: [LUG] Plymouth LUG

Umm, sorry for top posting.

I *strongly suggest you first of all dual boot with an External USB memory
stick* of say 32 GB size.
Put GRUB2 on memory stick, do not interfere with the Windows 10 set up, probably
Windows 10 Home and thus updates are automatic.

I use Xubuntu 18.04 for learners  , like Mint it shows a screen like Windows. Set
for only to use LTS versions so no 6 monthly or 1 year major changes.
It is a matter of taste.
 Xubuntu can work with 1GB RAM, but 2 GB better.
I partition USB stick with  "/" as 12 Gb, then SWAP 2Gb, then "/home" for balance of
stick say 17~18GB
 I have put about 10 folk onto this system with laptops from Vista age.

If USB stick in machine it is Linux, if no USB stick in when start up it is a normal
Windows machine,
 and easily gets updates. (One of the major problems of dual booting).

Regards
Eion MacDonald