Re: [LUG] Forwarding Windows event logs to linux

stinga <stinga+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> G'day all,
>
> We have a few windows boxen that I would like to forward event logs from.
> Surprisingly (or maybe not) this seems to be slightly difficult.
>
> I did try using LogForwarder and it seems unreliable.
>
> What do other do? If anything?

I've been playing with Logstash, and for my needs, its sufficient
enough to get Windows event logs from the few Windows machines here.

It [Logstash] can receive logs, and output them through plugins.

I suspect this[0] will be sufficient - it outputs to syslog...

Now, I know Java isn't always popular, but Logstash is pretty
solid. Would recommend it :)

[0]: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/plugins-outputs-syslog.html

--
Sincerely,