Re: [LUG] Is it just me or is Firefox starting to fall apart?

On 28/11/2018 18:40, mr meowski wrote:
> I know most of you don't have to deal with this stuff but
> from a sysadmin perspective Windows has been absolute murder this year -
> constant failures and critical bugs, outages, pulled updates... They're
> not even trying with QA any more.

> But it's not like I've got actual metrics or anything and subjective
> grumbling isn't really a lot to go on so perhaps I am just being grumpy.

Stats from my tutor group at U3A and Library.
1) 12 or so Windows 10 users.
2) About 7 'fed up' with unable to complete updates.
Of which I have had to do a clean install of windows 10 on two machines
to resolve errors etc.  These are 'normal users' (nothing fancy like
video editing or such)
3) Neighbour, who used Linux Ubuntu for two years on old machine when
Windows played up - dual booting. So casual Linux user.
Bought new Windows 10 Home machine, took a Knoppic DVD with him to the
shop and said if it does not boot Knoppix no sale. Now using Windows 10
Home , but after three months has changed to Linux. (Dual Boot)

4) Summary of 13 people, 8 'no find Windows acceptable' full time.
Interesting statistic.

5) Local U3A, put out a warning about Windows 10 latest updates on its
monthly email, [Do not ask for download- just wait] as many of the 1,200
members had 'moaned' about update problems when they clicked update.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald