Re: [LUG] LUGmas 2018!

On 24/11/2018 17:29, Andy Wills wrote:
Hi all,

I'm thinking of holding a LUGmas meeting at my flat in Sutton Harbour (near
Barbican in Plmouth), with mulled wine, minced pies, etc. The default date
would be the 22nd December, but is that too close to Christmas for people? The
alternative would be to hold it the week before ie. 15th December.

If you're planning to come, could you reply to me (or the list) soon, saying
which week would be preferrable for you? I'll make a decision on the basis of
what I hear between now and Friday.

All the best

Andy

I'd love to come but I can't. I'm stuck here on the North West coast, just north of Workington.

Cumbria seems to be a dead area for linux. It's 12 years since I moved from Plymouth. Then there was some active LUGs but now it's virtually a wasteland. No idea why they collapsed. The nearest LUG is (Blackpool I think) and few LUGs are as active as good old DCLUG.

Luckily I have a neighbour who dual boots (I'm linux only). So do I have someone I can talk to. Although as I've been a linux user since at least 2001 it's a bit one-sided. But neither of us know of any other linux users in our area.

Have a great meet and enjoy the mince pies hopefully washed down with a warming drink of your choice.

Keith