Re: [LUG] LUGmas 2018!

On 25/11/2018 09:34, Andy Wills wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Sorry you can't make it. As previously mentioned, please do not put a Plymouth
> LUG meeting on the website for December. There is no public meeting in December
> this year (nor was there last year). What I do in December is invite people
> I've met IRL to my house for "LUGmas" - a Linux-y christmas party. It's not
> an invitation I wish to extend to the entire internet :-)
>
> All the best
>
> Andy
>
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 08:12:53PM +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Hi Andy
>>
>> Probably can't make it, however the 22nd is the usual date of the
>> Plymouth Lug meet anyway. I have scheduled a blog post for the December
>> meetings for  1/12/2018, If there are changes to this meeting, hopefully
>> people can let everyone know before then so that I can make changes to
>> the post before it is published.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On 24/11/2018 17:29, Andy Wills wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of holding a LUGmas meeting at my flat in Sutton Harbour (near
>>> Barbican in Plmouth), with mulled wine, minced pies, etc. The default date
>>> would be the 22nd December, but is that too close to Christmas for people? The
>>> alternative would be to hold it the week before ie. 15th December.
>>>
>>> If you're planning to come, could you reply to me (or the list) soon, saying
>>> which week would be preferrable for you? I'll make a decision on the basis of
>>> what I hear between now and Friday.
>>>
>>> All the best
>>>
>>> Andy
>>>

>> --
>> Paul Sutton
>> http://www.zleap.net
>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/zleap/
>> Friendi.ca :zleap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Skype: psutton111
>>
>> --

I like the sound of your LUGmas. As I live North of the Mersey, I have
never met any of the folk on DCLug, but a thought came to me. If you
have a Gmail email address mine is maceion@xxxxxxxxx, then maybe during
the party on 22nd, you could try a wee Google Hangouts between me and
you and thus I would get a view of folk who are at present just names to
me.
Although the DCLug names have helped me in many ways over these last
many years or so.
I find with my relatives Google Hangouts is better than Skype as they
can use it from their smart phones to my laptop Linux.
Anyway, may I wish you all a happy Christmas and good New Year.
From, Culcheth, Warrington.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald