Re: [LUG] More scam emails

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 12:26:15 +0100
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>Am I unusual in getting all this rubbish? I have not bothered to count,

No.  My son received such an email.  The most worrying aspect was that
it included his password (for which site, IDK - that's his business) in
the subject line.  He changed the password pronto, of course.  Demands
for 5000 bitcoins, or '...release captures of you self-abusing from your
computer's camera...' (it doesn't have one), blah blah.  Nothing untoward
happened.

Clearly, at some point, he was duped into giving his password on a bogus
site.  When that occurred will likely remain a mystery.

None of us here get more than a handful of spam/uce messages each week.
Nothing like the 150 or so you're suffering.  Good server side filtering
at tsohost, it seems.  Augmented by a few filters I've added to weed out
obvious trolls and numpties on some of the mailing lists I frequent.

--
 Regards  _
Don't worry about tomorrow