Re: [LUG] Control your own data

On 03/10/18 10:07, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi

I am using my main computer as a storage for all files, photos, movies and music. I haven't started the process of sharing yet. Is it worth doing something like this for a home network please?

Thanks

Rich

---
Kind Regards
This message was brought to you by the numbers 0 and 1.
Rich
https://gwyls.co.uk/
https://gwyls.co.uk/rich-blog/

On 2018-10-02 20:02, Tom via list wrote:
https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3063628/tim-berners-lee-launches-inrupt-to-kickstart-decentralised-web-project

you can run it yourself https://solid.inrupt.com/docs/installing-running-nss

Might be worth a play?

Tom te tom te tom

Most home networks are pretty ad-hoc so if nothing else this may give you a nudge to order things a bit better. I use Facebook and have played with other things and all of them offer something useful and then spoil it by giving the wrong people access to your data. This looks like it might give you the advantages without letting the wrong people get hold of your data and  so I think it might be worth a play.

It seems to regard your data as your data and has methods for you to pull your data back from a pod  so you can play online and not lose any effort you've put in.

https://tompotts1999.solid.community/profile/card#me

is my new Pod ID I think - am playing now

Tom