Re: [LUG] HP laptop battery

On 02/10/18 10:46, Brad Rogers wrote:

 > Avoid Chinese/Hong Kong.  Yes, they're cheap, but the batteries are
 > usually shite.  Poor charge retention, short life, you name it.   :-(

Counterpoint: all batteries are made in China in the first place anyway.

Depending on customer preference I order armfuls of replacement
batteries - sometimes expensive name brand units and way more
frequently, el cheapo ones from my comrades in China.

I am relatively careful about evaluating the suppliers apparent
reliability before giving them money to be fair but except for poor
communication and slow delivery (both expected as part of the bargain
price) I'm yet to have any problems whatsoever.

Not trying to change anyone's opinion or dispute anything here, just
providing my own very different experience with ordering Chinese
'shite'. God I love alibaba! I could spend all day and who knows how
much money browsing around there.

Cheers