Re: [LUG] 20180920 OT. (perhaps?) Help please. To understand why URLs differ and domains change in loading smartphone apps.

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 18:25:41 +0100
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Julian,

>I expect you're right and i was looking for logic where there is none.

Possibly.  TBH, I don't know.

One reason for the redirect is because the actual url is too long to
type comfortably and therefore prone to an input typing error.  Trouble
is, when the redirect ends up in the same domain, I /still/ have to
wonder "Why?  What was the point?"

:-l

--
 Regards  _