Re: [LUG] 20180920 OT. (perhaps?) Help please. To understand why URLs differ and domains change in loading smartphone apps.

On 20/09/18 16:37, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:25:20 +0100
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Julian,

As for the .me link I wonder if there is an issue with the TLD in
question and they're using a .me domain as an intermediary.
IME, banks often write saying use 'suchandsuch/a/url' to get whatever
app, or to activate your new bank card.  99 times out of 100 it will
redirect to some other url.  Even if the actual url you're heading for
is within the bank's domain.  I've never found a sensible reason for
this behaviour.
Hi Brad,

I expect you're right and i was looking for logic where there is none.

Julian