Re: [LUG] distributed web article

On 10/09/2018 19:35, Roland Tarver via list wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Sep 2018, Tom via list wrote:
>
>> https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/sep/08/decentralisation-next-big-step-for-the-world-wide-web-dweb-data-internet-censorship-brewster-kahle
>>

>> Tom te tom te tom
>
> Thanks for that Tom. An interesting read. I wonder if it will come to
> pass...?
>
> Cheers roly :-)>

I found article interesting, however it got me into strange places with
its references.
Problem: who pays for the electricity/servers/maintenance in distributed
web as if one person thinks effort/cost to much and they pull out, then
it could fall apart. At moment, private websites carry own cost and
'search' paid for by giving information for adverts etc.
Who would index a distributed web?

--
regards
Eion MacDonald