Re: [LUG] Debian stretch virtualbox

On 07/09/18 23:22, Simon Waters wrote:
> Worked many moons ago. Probably before Stretch.
>
> Added stretch backports contrib.
> Removed and reinstalled virtualbox package as it was an old one.
>
> Now the PC crashes shortly after trying to start a VM in virtualbox.
>
> I noticed some ACPI errors. May look to sort those.
>
> Anyone have any other ideas of where/how to start debugging...

I highly recommend trying again but with the 'proper' version from here:

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

Debian repo available, don't forget to add the extensions after install
manually.

Ensure anything virt-related is enabled in the EFI/BIOS.

Make sure you're in the vboxusers group.

Make sure you haven't got any conflicting virtualization platforms running.

You _shouldn't_ have any problems but we all know how that works out
sometimes :|

Cheers