Re: [LUG] LUG Plymouth

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018, 21:40 Andy Wills <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

This Saturday is LUG Plymouth day ... but, issue! Hush Coffee has closed down...forever!

Very sad, it's been the location for LUG Plymouth for many years more than I've
been going.

I'm a bit stumped where to suggest instead. How about Cafe Kiss?

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2917958279

It doesn't ever seem that busy when I walk past. I haven't been in myself, but
I know some people who have a regular group meeting there.

Open to any other ideas ... needs to be somewhere not too busy, and not too
hard to get to, I guess.

Pubs are another option ... I think some of the other DCLUGs use pubs? Here's a
good one - Bread & Roses:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/365392004

Best

Andy

Oh no! That's really sad. I've just read their goodbye letter that they took a photo of and put up on their Facebook page. It's kinda heartbreaking - I hadn't realised they'd been going for 20 years.

Either of those is good with me. They're both reasonably easy to get to.

I'll throw my hat in the ring too and add "Moments Café" (www.moments-cafe.com) to the list - they're a community café (I believe they're a CIC) that supports dementia care. They're in town, between WHSmith and the small Waterstones, but not on OpenStreetMap yet.

For my part, I'm afraid I won't be joining you this time as, to be perfectly blunt, we cannot afford it this month.

Grant. :)