Re: [LUG] Routers was Re: [OT maybe] CVE-2016-5195 vs Amazon FireOS 5.6.2.0

> On 24 Jul 2018, at 10:35, Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> There is an article in one of the recent linux magazines saying the
> biggest problem with things isn'[t that these problems are not being
> fixed, but people are not patching their systems, which confirms what
> you have said.

No for routers the problems aren’t being fixed. Most of the vendors are not putting
out fixes at a pace to match the risks.

It is also too hard to patch many of them, fix one should be make it auto-update or
at least make it know if there is an update. I have to Search for my model and
country on the vendor’s website to discover there are no new updates every few
months...