Re: [LUG] MS acquires GitHub

On 04/06/18 18:13, mr meowski wrote:
On 04/06/18 09:32, Andy Wills wrote:
Was planning to move some projects to github, will hold off for now I think.

Well, as expected today... Straight from the horse's mouth:

https://news.microsoft.com/2018/06/04/microsoft-to-acquire-github-for-7-5-billion/

Quite frankly I don't see any issues with this and will carry on using
github regardless Â\_(ã)_/Â

Of course if Microsoft channel Google or Oracle's evil and ruin it then
I'll already have jumped ship by then but for now, meh.

With any luck they'll make a massive slip up some day and accidentally
turn the entire Microsoft codebase into a public git repo...

Cheers

And it is causing a minor DDos on GitLab :)
(they are currently limiting the size of project imports to 10Gb)

Dave