Re: [LUG] Webring

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 05:57:09PM +0000, mr meowski wrote:
> On 30/05/18 18:44, Daniel Keast wrote:
> > This is something I really miss from the old hyperlinked web though.
>
> As opposed to the new non-hyperlinked web?
>
> >   It's difficult to end up in surprising places when everything is profiling you
> > and
> > trying to be helpful.
>
> Are you on some completely different internet that I don't know about?!
>
> I have to consciously control my browsing otherwise I start looking for
> powershell DNS control syntax and 4 hours later I've got 48 tabs open on
> the history of Estonian folk literature and the strong nuclear force...

How!? Where do you go?

It feels like reddit should be a source of interesting stuff, but all the
communities seem to be so narrowly focused and revel in group think.

I find myself just clicking the random page button on wikipedia sometimes to
find something interesting.

Maybe it's not the web that's changed...

> Cheers
>
> --

Daniel Keast