Re: [LUG] CoderDojo Plymouth training

Hi Paul,

On 24/05/2018 08:22, psutton wrote:
On 24/05/18 07:04, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018, Chris Tipney wrote:

The whole part of this ramble (apologies for taking so long to get
here) is that as I'm sure you all know the Dojos are run entirely by
volunteers at no cost to the kids (ages 7 to 17) - so I would be
grateful for any help from the knowledgable folk who I know inhabit
this list :-) Gordon you listening - they knew you were funnily enough!
I didn't know about it and wasn't invited to it. Probably because I do
not, and never will "code" in scratch or Python.

Gordon

Future learn do a number of free* online courses

start a code club
start a coder dojo
teaching programming in primary schools
scratch to python

all the above have been created by the Pi foundation.

* These are free and you get access for something like 5 weeks, however
if you pay Â32 you get unlimited access as well as a certificate sent to
you, which is ideal if you need something for a portfolio, if applying
for jobs etc, otherwise you can just link to your profile on their website.

Courses are great and very interactive.

Seems like the movement has really started, thank you for the activity
link I have sent that to myself,ÂÂÂ I need to try and make page on the
dcglug site with as much info on all this as possible.

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/

I have page up now on asking for volunteers but before long this will
need to be a sub-page for a general where the dojos are being held.

Paul

I am part way through the free version of the 'start a coder dojo couse' - I don't need a certificate so will probably stick with the free version. I agree the courses are very interactive and easy to work through.

Thanks for adding the page for volunteers - the more the merrier. Technical skills are not mandatory - just a willingness to help the kids have fun with whatever tech we can provide. As I mentioned before some activities do not need a computer or internet access.

Once we have a venue I can let you know to add this to the information - there will also be links to all the resources, later...

Chris