Re: [LUG] Holsworthy Coder Dojo

I am a great believer in the idea that if something works,  we make
use of it (hardware, software or other resources),  so I think 3 / 5
laptops work, then sounds logical to make use of them.

I would rather they got used,   and if some don't work,  grab some
anti static bags and strip for parts,   for when the others need any
maintenance.

They may be old which is sometimes counter productive due to
performance but it highlights you are doing  something important on a
shoestring or no budget,  if industry want more people going in to
STEM I am sure donations of more recent, used laptops would be
gratefully received by all.  The only stipulation I think is usually
due to WEEE regs any donated laptops are disposed of responsibly at
end of life.

In terms of venue / costs,  I think if there is a Library in
Holsworthy / hatherleigh,  then perhaps work with LU to see you can
use those venues.

They have some locations in mind but if there is real interest in
other locations then it is worth seeing if they can help support any
efforts.

Right now the lug site has a page for dojos coming to devon,  over
time I aim to remove this and replace with a page that lists active
dojos in the area,   Maybe we need to encourage at least 1 volunteer
from each dojo to join the list,  we can really then co-ordinate efforts
.

Paul

> PaulS: any issue with this? I know its kinda on your radar of
> things I'm interested in!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Michael. PS. If you can do the 'commute' how would you feel about
> co-locating in Hatherleigh too .. I can do some research into
> venues/cost.

- --
http://www.zleap.net