Re: [LUG] Junk Mails

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 06:26:24PM +0100, Neil wrote:
> I will look at sorting all this mess out. Meanwhile, am I right that
> more invoice type junk is appearing?

I follow these sort of things for a living (well, kind of) and I've not
really seen an uptick, nor have I seen others report any kind of
increase. It's been happening for years, though spam campaigns tend to
be volatile and change a lot, both in volume and in what email addresses
they reach. That's why it may appear to an individual or an organisation
that things are up or down, when that's not really the case.

One thing that also may have happened is a change in the email
infrastructure. Most of these emails get blocked by spam filters and,
depending on your set-up, many will not even reach your 'spam' folder.
It may be that your ISP has set up things slightly differently.

Martijn