Re: [LUG] Junk Mails

Hi Neil,

I too have had identical junk email. We must be hiring heavy plant from the same
company?

I use a product called MailWasher from Firetrust.
https://www.firetrust.com/products/mailwasher-pro

Unfortunately this is a... a.... a.... Windoze product  (spit spit) there I've said
it. Also unfortunately for non-windoze OS's, it does work VERY well and I would
absolutely need a direct as-good replacement if I was ever to move to Linux, or
similar. It learns from your acceptance/deletion patterns, you can create Friends
lists, and/or Blacklists, and it will reference a global spam list. You can even
write your own spam filters, and has a very good Support, and Forums websites.

It works VERY well, so much so that I actually paid for a Full (Pro) license. There,
how good does it have to be for that? VERY VERY good for me to hand over cash,
that's how.

Best of all it even sends a false SMTP server user-doesn't-exist-message to the
sender if you want it to. The end result is that now I get VERY VERY little spam,
and what I do get is spotted and deleted very reliably by the application.

Please let me know if you find a non-'doze application that works as well.

Cheers

Andy.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This e-mail (including all attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. It is
for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only, and must not be
re-transmitted in an amended form without my consent. If you are not the named
recipient, please notify me immediately and do not disclose the contents to any
other person or make any copies. Please then delete it and do not disclose its
contents to any other person.
Security and reliability of e-mails are not guaranteed. I operate anti-virus
programs but you must take full responsibility for virus checking this e-mail
(including all attachments). I do not accept any liability in respect of any damage
caused by any virus which is not detected.
All e-mails to and from anyone @kendallnet.co.uk may be examined for breaches of
employee policies and the law. I record all phone calls.