Re: [LUG] PDF Editing

On 22/04/18 21:49, Julian Hall wrote:
> Thanks for the replies;
>
> I don't even see PDF as an accepted file type in Libre Office (5.1.6.2)
> which is weird but explains a lot. Krita opens them but only the first
> page of a multipage document. Ditto GIMP.. although both claim to have
> imported all pages I cannot find them. Inkscape will only load one page
> at a time as well. I think I'll have to find an old version of Master
> PDF Editor.

GIMP imports a PDF as a multi-layered image rather than a series of
"pages" - use the layer tool to select and edit individual layers (which
you could think of as "pages").

Inkscape by design only works on single pages:

http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Multipage

You can work on individual pages and trivially recombine the edited
versions into a multipage PDF with tools like pdftk or Ghostscript though.

Libreoffice Writer imports multipage PDFs with mostly acceptable results
just fine for me - I'm using LibreOffice 6.x though. You should upgrade
as 6.x is a stable release.

Cheers