Re: [LUG] PDF Editing

On 22/04/18 14:13, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi All,

I want to edit PDF files in Linux - at the moment I am using Master PDF Editor, but the latest version is giving me grief. Rather than use another proprietary program - I don't want to pay for something I will only use occasionally - I have just read that Libre Office Draw [LOD] can edit PDFs so I tried that. However, when I open a PDF file in Libre Office [LO], it opens corrupted in Libre Office Writer [LOW]. Whether I right click the file and Open With LOD, or open LOD and select the file from within it, or just open LO and load the PDF , it always defaults to LOW. Any ideas why please?

Kind regards,

Julian

Roll back to an older version of Master PDF Editor and submit a bug report? It really is the best tool I've found.

In my copy of Draw; File->Open shows PDF as a possible file-type but it has (writer) written next to it. My guess is that PDFs can't be opened in Draw?

Any luck with Gimp? I've used that for converting PDFs to images, I'm not sure if it can preserve text objects