Re: [LUG] Buying Advice Suggestion

On 19/03/18 17:57, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think this is an excellent suggestion and as one who erred, I will
> try better. My problem was less about budget and understanding what
> would be an appropriate cost. But I will try better.
>
> Thanks for the advice though.

I'm specifically not targeting anyone here and as always feel free to
ignore me - I'm also quite happy to suggest options as well as I spend a
lot of time speccing and ordering kit of all types anyway so I (kind of)
know what I'm doing.

But yeah, over and above every other factor it's really helpful to know
the budget first and foremost. It's certainly the first thing I ask my
clients...

Back to your specific shopping list, what are you planning to get first?
The monitor I'd imagine? As an example you can get a really nice 24" IPS
panel for comfortably under Â150 these days that will do absolutely fine
as a multi-purpose screen - play games, watch films/TV/streams, day to
day computer stuff, the lot. Honestly that's going to be more than
adequate for 99% of people (me included - I'm staring at a lone Iiyama
24" LCD panel myself and it's just fine) and it won't break the bank.

Cheers