Re: [LUG] Encrypting files for Apple

I provide photographs to people by serving them off the machine at the back of my desk, up the fibre.Â

LetsEncrypt seemed amazingly easy when it first appeared and just worked, then it had to become Dehydrate, now it seems to be LetsEncrypt again, but I have a mixture of the two and can't add a new subdomain to my certificate. Chiz. Reinstall from scratch? Find a good manual?

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 at 11:27 Joseph Bennie <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The mac zip7 app for nontech users is call keka. Found at ÂKekaosx.com

Without software : the only secure way is either you login to a portal site with https and download or the opposite way around.

From: list [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adrian Midgley
Sent: 20 February 2018 10:39
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Encrypting files for Apple

Put it on a Web server and send them the link to download by HTTPS?

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018, 10:18 Henry Bremridge, <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can use 7z to create AES encrypted zip files for Windows (important given
GDPR), that is if clients have Windows 10 or Windows 7

What about apple products? Does anyone have any idea how I can encrypt a
file I send to an apple user and have the client be able to open it without
the client downloading software?

In a google search it seems that clients would have to download software

Any suggestions much appreciated.

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately verified digital signature is not binding.

A Midgley

Nowadays: Property and Photography