Re: [LUG] Email service

On 19/02/18 14:48, Nick wrote:
What are people doing for their email service?

The service provider for my domain's email did something recently that
made me unhappy with them so I'm considering alternatives.  I'm not
looking for a free service, on the basis that "if you're not paying,
you're the product".

E.g. runbox looked good until I noticed on their status page
"connectivity issues" going into a 3rd day with no update.
Mailbox.org doesn't seem to have a status page.  tutanota I can't use
because of its peculiar encryption.

Anyone got any warnings or recommendations? Does anyone here run their
own mail server and find it works well?

Thanks
I share your pain.

After browsing around and some experiments I use Migadu for my customers. I'm currently using their free tier in POP3 mode and using Mailjet's free tier for outbound messages but will invest properly when my next decent sized customer comes along.

I have a customer on UK2's Mail hosting. Seems OK and reliable.

I also have customers on the free tier of Zoho. It's a bit slow though.