Re: [LUG] Startup Disk Creator

sorry about the top post +1 for Pauls dd method. less faff. always works. (in my limited experience)

cheers roly

On 14 Feb 2018 17:43, "Neil" <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 14/02/18 15:23, Julian Hall wrote:
On 14/02/18 13:30, Neil wrote:
Recently I was strongly advised to put a copy of a distro on a USB stick which I could then run on other computers. So I have been researching this, and getting a bit confused as usual.

I have installed a package, start up disk creator, and have now tried it out. It runs OK, and it finds the USB stick as expected. Now I have two iso images in my Downloads folder, one for Linux Lite and one for MX 17.

When I run the package it finds L Lite, no problem. But I wanted to use the other one. So I tried to tell it to use the MX 17 iso, but it simply does not see it. Since they are both iso files this has left me baffled.

This was all done on my laptop. So, as an extra check, I tried it on my desk top computer, with the same result. Linux Lite fine, MX 17, never heard of it.

Any ideas anyone?

Neil

Hi Neil,

I forget which distro you use, but in Mint there is a stock menu item - USB Image Writer. It seems to be Mint specific as the command it runs is 'mintstick -m iso'.

Kind regards,

Julian

I am using Linux Lite at the moment, but I was hoping to have a look at MX 17 which looks pretty good, and also has Xfce as the desk top.

Neil