Re: [LUG] File Sharing

1. Samba is well documented
2. My router has a readyshare option, plug in a USB flash disk, enable
ready share, and I can connect / mount from different devices.   The
options I have allowed this to be shared on the network, and or shared
so that if I enter my external ip address while out and about it will
connect and I can access files on the usb disk.

It works for what i need it for,  so yes probably not ideal for everyone
but for shifting files around it works fine.

If I want to share lots of files I simply run openssh-server and connect
via the file manager and drag files to / from where I want them.

In terms of information

1.  What operating systems are you using?
2.  What are you trying to share between.? e,g  (Linux -> Linux)  Linux
-> Windows.   I would guess Linux to MacOS is less of an issue here, as
MacOS is built on BSD so I guess you would use NFS (but lets not over
complicate things by going off at a tangent)
3.  What version of SAMBA are you using?
4.  How much data do you want to share?

Hope this helps

Paul

--