Re: [LUG] Linux training - What we are up against

On 22/01/18 21:10, Eion MacDonald wrote:

> On 22/01/18 16:20, Adrian Midgley wrote:
>> I like putting files on my webserver, and giving people the URL so they
>> can collect them from there.
>>
>> One might give them the URL as a QR code perhaps.
>
> OH! ! !
> PLEASE do not give learners a QR Code when learning UNLESS you also give
> the URL below it in clear text.
>
> Bad habit to train folk to load a non-designated  URL QR Code.
>
> Easy for them to be lead astray to bad sites.
> Refer security conferences where about 12% of attendees had their
> laptops 'raided' due to using a QR Code rather than enter a URL.
>
> This is a major point I train seniors in when teaching.

Good point there,  there was a comment on Diaspora on this in relation
to a post by the free software foundation, as they posted a short link.
People don't know where it is going or forwarding to.

Paul
--
http://www.zleap.net
diaspora : zleap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx