[LUG] Linux training - What we are up against

With regard to Linux training in Torbay and potential venues.  This is
what we seem to be up against.

Out of

Acorn Centre (Barton Torquay)
Windmill Centre (Hele Torquay)
So fly (Paignton)
Parkfield (Torbay)

All of these group work with Young people at least in some way,  The
first two do work with all age groups in the community.

Most either have : non functioning or out of date websites,  social
media : Twitter poorly maintained,  Not sure about facebook,  they have
it, but not sure how much they maintain it.

https://www.craftyfoxcafe.com/ (Paignton) is the most up to date even
though they only seem to use facebook as a social media platform.

There are a few other community centres in Torbay,  again they either
don't have websites or these are hard to find in amongst the noise of
all the other sites out there.

Most people never reply to e-mail or acknowledge e-mail. Not so good if
you want to send people stuff you can't send via fb, twitter or other
social media.

I'll do some digging around as best I can and try and determine what
sort of IT related help people would like.

However when you see something like this for shopmobility

http://torbay-shopmobility.co.uk/

you begin to think if some are beyond help.  (warning the site is a
lovely bright green colour)

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net