Re: [LUG] Systemd

It annoys me. Some things it does are new and non-logical to my mind, but not so annoying that i've seriously wished to dump Debian in favour of Devuan (which always seemed like a daft idea - why leave the world's best distribution for something else? Especially as you can use Sysv on Debian too, it's just not the default).

I trust the Debian team to do right by me, even if I don't always understand their choices. Mostly my trust is repaid.

Most users won't have any issue with it.Â

Those that do will have to learn new systems for old problems, and find some new problems. Documentation is sometimes sparse but I've yet to encounter anything that has proved significantly troublesome.

I think I probably dislike it on principle rather than logic. Like being English - I'd miss the weather if it stopped being awful and I had nothing to complain about. systemd is useful and sometimes fun to moan about.