Re: [LUG] OT: 3d printing in wax

On 22/10/17 14:11, Tom via list wrote:
On 22/10/17 13:38, M. J. Everitt wrote:
On 22/10/17 13:11, Tom via list wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a 3d printer that can print
wax for lost wax casting?

Tom te tom te tom

You might be able to bastardise a chocolate or so printer, but I doubt
you'll make anything out of the ones that heat up to 200+C ..

Why lost wax, when you can get water-soluble printer filament??

You might need an extra stage in the process, conceivably....

MJE

It's for some brass casting - lost wax is perfect for that - water in the mould is a real no-no tho!
I've found some filament that is meant to do the job but its Â80/kg which seems a bit pricey!
Tom te tom te tom

Not particularly unusual .. its only the common ABS/PLA filaments that are down in the ~Â20 range .. I was looking at nylon filament at Â60/kg ....

I have some 'soft' filament I got from a mate, not sure what that stuff is, but I suspect its also in the "pricey" range ...

MJE